The Coconut Garden


THE COCONUT GARDEN

01-04-2020


Most times when I talk about my life and experiences, I talk more on how it has affected my mindset and convictions. I don't really focus on the subject themselves, but I will try here.

 The first nine years of my life seemed like one who was building a strong mindset. This is because I faced something I call "a tough time".
I was not born to see the first child of my family, a girl. She died before I was born.๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ฅ My other siblings are males. I have three younger and one elder.

The reason for my second paragraph is that I lost my mom at that age.๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ฟ So, I could identify what pain meant and what loneliness and perseverance was like. 
A lot happened, I can't express with words, emotions take that place a lot of times. Okay, that's a fast forward, but I should flash back later in the article.
It makes me sad though; a dreaded scar but uncontrollable. Yeah! So I grew up among guys!! Mhen, they're the best creatures, for me. Maybe because we share the same bloodline, I can't say. 

I hate cancer! It shouldn't exist!! ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ Yeah, I think so. Sooooo, my dad remarried. And as the only girl, I had no choice, I had to stay with my new mom. I was young. A dozen old.
It was hard. I tried containing all the pains like a bucket with a tight lid; I found solace in silence. Maybe for a reason: I got into masturbation earlier without knowing what it really was. I knew I was not doing something right. But it felt good. I felt I could shut myself in and hate the world outside! Seriously, I got really deep within and I was and the same time, empty and filled with a lot of guilt like I was the cause of my pains.

I wasn't talking to anyone. I had feeble knees and courage watered down. Who was I to even stand in a congregation? And when I did, it felt like boldness had no place for me. Do you have people around who laugh at you and would ask you to sit when you state your stance and it doesn't seem like it made any sense?

At 14 (SS1/SS2), I got exposed to the meaning of my secret act. Wow! I became sure that I wasn't doing the right thing. But I couldn't stop. It felt like something I always do to unwind. It later became my source of low self esteem.
I was brilliant, cute, portable and very determined (the positive impact of being a loner). And that was on the outside. I was shattered, ugly, used, maltreated, confused and clueless of how my future would look like (on the inside). I felt I couldn't amount to anything; like my dignity died the moment I lost my mom.

Some feelings are so deep that you could begin seeing yourself as a devil or maybe a moving corpse. This is how suicidal feelings come.

Do I have a witness?๐Ÿ˜Ž

It was really terrible. Few times I thought of suicide as a way out. But, I couldn't just do it, ๐Ÿ™Šbecause I was taught in the Sunday school that I would end up in hell if I did.
Little did I know that the battles I was fighting within would be an introductory passage to the story of my life.
You ask why I can share freely?? It's Resilience. And it takes Grace to encounter it.๐Ÿ’ž
  
Staying with my step mom was another dark tunnel filled with water mixed with ice. I didn't like her around. ๐Ÿ˜คI even learned to forget things easily, because each time I remember some of her utterances, I just hated my life. I felt I should die. Several times I prayed to God to take me away from the torture. He listened and was there with me, for me. I can't explain how I scaled through, feels like a dream already.

After secondary school, I became an apprentice at a printing press. During this period, I encountered a man who abused me.๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜” It appeared like he was helping me (according to him though), and I was naรฏve. But, It didn't feel right. So, for the first time, I had to talk to a friend (my then best friend, a male), who pumped some courage into me to speak to my family. After the issue got resolved, this friend again persuaded me until I had to face the man and spilled all I had in mind. From that moment till date, I have made it a habit to stand up for myself even when no one sees what I see.

While working on my self esteem, I knew I had to do away with sin. Several times I prayed and cried, made new year resolutions, denied myself a lot of goodies, so as to become free of the addiction, all to no avail. I remember telling my pastor's wife and she just prayed with me, I actually couldn’t decode if she understood my plight. This worsened as I hated myself the more.๐Ÿ˜Ÿ I lived selflessly, not because I wanted to be selfless, but because I didn't think I was worth any amount of love and accolade. Self hatred is the most deadly illness I have experienced. And I just accepted the way people treated me, even if it was like trash๐Ÿ˜•

Dear reader, even if/when the world seem to be against you and life gets tougher by the day, do not forget God's love for you. This is because, the moment you begin to feel worthy to be a child of the Almighty God, you get to understand what it means to be beautiful and wonderfully made. 
See, we humans are just like tissue paper, ordinarily, but with God, we are valiant soldiers and a big asset to His kingdom. "Do not let any man despise your youth..."(1Tim 4 vs 12a)" "Let no man trouble me, for I bear in my body the scars that show that I belong to Jesus" (Gal 6:17). Until I fully understood these verses of the scriptures, the more I hated myself, the more I moved farther from God's presence in my life.๐Ÿคญ

Overtime, I have been able to understand the reasons God made me go through all of that. I can share it boldly because it is a testimony and nothing else. ๐Ÿ’ชAnd I really want to be there for others, if possible for the world. That's the reason I came up with Split, although it's currently on hold because I want to know more about psychology, counselling and proper human approach. I really want to talk to people, speak to their inner voices, be there for them in the dark. I want to give them a voice and make them realise the reason for their existence. Maybe I was shut in, bitter, sorrowful and has experienced everything that comes with depression. I know a little bit of what it means and I can't wait to be a member of those who God has called to heal the world psychologically and emotionally. 

 I have been learning to relax and be calm. You have to make use of every opportunity and be sure you are doing it right.

As a woman you have to be an ambassador for your kids.๐Ÿ‘ธ๐Ÿ‘จ‍๐Ÿ‘ฉ‍๐Ÿ‘ง‍๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿ‘ฉ‍๐Ÿ‘ฉ‍๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿ‘ฉ‍๐Ÿ‘ฉ‍๐Ÿ‘ง‍๐Ÿ‘ฆ


I remember something that conspired between me and a guy I met in school, more like a short date (ahrm... Don't worry, it's not what you are thinking๐Ÿ˜). At the end, I had to make him realise that if we had ended up together, how would I explain meeting him to God, then my kids. If I claim to be strong, then why can't I be strong and not give in to weaknesses and youthful pleasures? Don't wait till you have been overcome by the flesh, please don't. Get yourself involved with God and every other thing you desire will be added.

Just one day, it would be over and your purpose for the pain would eventually emerge!(Tamar)

If you want to be strong, start now! So you get used to it at the end of the day. While we pray, don't forget to make it a mindset, something we deliberately work on. The Bible says "A man that has self-control is stronger than a soilder that conquers a city, which means we just have to be strong. The garment that fits does not mean it is comfortable. Keep being strong!! I know we are humans but we need to build our mindset to get over some things in our head. The devil has a way of stocking our minds with a lot of things. So, for example, when you have decided to get married as a virgin, remind yourself that You are not a mediocre. So dear, challenges are waiting!! John 16:33 says: "In the world, you'll face trials and tribulations, but be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world". Therefore, instead of the world to see you as a weakling, because of your faith in God, She will see you as a hero and heroine. It is not enough to stoop low. 

Also, it is okay to feel bad about a lot of things, learn to put it into God's hands. Trust me, He is best at ruling in the affairs of men. Give yourself some love and stop all the self condemnation already.

So many people are still struggling with what they have testified over. God made me busy that I didn't have time for addictions anymore. Money has to be made, lolz๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜†. Make sure to be busy adding value to yourself and the world at large. Meaning when we lay ourselves down for the devil to use, we will definitely be used.๐Ÿค” Each time I remind myself; "babe you can't continue like this", I feel I have a refreshed grace that God has got me covered. And of course, I give myself accolades.๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡ These accolades are important because they remind us that we have our spirit, soul and body altogether. And they work hand in hand. We are flesh and blood. Whatever you indulge in, your flesh and spirit are responsible. So, you have to deal with them accordingly, be closest to God more than ever. His grace alone is enough for as long as we breath. You just have to get hold of yourself and do things right. You might not be able to help it "Take a chill pill" and deal with it slow and steady.

Finally, I need you to be strong.๐Ÿ’ช As difficult as it may seem, it's possible. Even when you think you are not progressing, learn to live in the process and trust God for a better you everyday. 

๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜Š☺️๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ–ค♥️๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’–❣️๐Ÿ’Œ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’˜♥️๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ’œ

Tamar's Corner: You are a survivor dear lady, let your story be heard. Learn from every experience life brings your way and learn the act of channeling your anger in the right direction, at the right time.


๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿต️๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿฅ€๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ฎ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒท
Meet Esther
She's pretty yeah?
That's how Star do.

Kuforiji Esther is a graduate from the department of Philosophy, Lagos State University (LASU). She is the founder of Split Global,  a platform made available for teenagers and young adults to get oriented about life in order to prepare adequately for their future (psychologically and emotionally), therefore, building a better society of resilient individuals. She is a business lady with so much enthusiasm to get better everyday.



Thank you very much Sweet Reader.
The Survival Series would run for the Wednesday's in April.
4Stories, 1Message.
#Giveherstruggleavoice.
#Survivalseries 

Yours Sincerely,
Tamar.

Comments

  1. Resilience, that's the driving tool.
    I'm so inspired by your story will definitely refer my female friends to your blog. But I hope u will have some special series for guys who have similar experience as yours and would love to draw from your wells of knowledge and discover a way of escape from the they have found themselves.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. We will consider having something for the guys soon๐Ÿ˜

      Delete
  2. This is so heart felt๐Ÿค—. Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read through and thank you for reminding us that once we have God, everyother thing will fall in place. I'm thankful for your life and how you found God and today, its all a testimony. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am delighted to still hear the victory stories of the youths in this century, who are keen to promoting godliness. I am inspired by your passion. May God grant you Grace to lead the younger generation to light.
    Thank you Esther.
    Thank you Tamar.
    Now I know what you guys are up to.๐Ÿ˜Š
    I'll support every good work around me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your story Esther and Tamar's Diary thanks for this platform. As a young lady who has and lived with a step mother I could relate with all that was written and how "I even learned to forget things easily" was what I found myself doing also to some of the experiences I had.... Oh I hated everything, and mostly I hated God mostly for not answering my little girl's prayer; one I made as a little child asking him to please not let my parent separate and keep them together.... I also hated living with family member who treat you like a plague and always comparing your seemingly mistake and careless to being a replica of who your father is as a person ("you look just like your father, that's how he always smiled sheepishly too we didn't know he had many things up his sleeves")gosh i feel like crying typing this sef.... I can't remember at what point I stopped getting angry with God and everyone else, but I'm glad I am a good place if I can say that and doing well in my spiritual walk with God..... whew I should stop typing now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I am so grateful you are sharing too. And I am glad you are also here, testifying. Most times, we just need some challenges to shake us off our comfort zones. These challenges tend to be unforgettable, so whether we take the right decision afterwards or not, our memory will always have a way of referring back to these things. May God help us to continue to live 'resilient' and 'refined', that no matter how much storms we face, we won't find a cause to renounce anything that has to do with Him. Amen.

      Delete
  6. Woaw this is really a bold step to facing our short comings young adult need to see this. Thanks so much for Sharing Esther God bless you and Tamar you are doing well๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  7. "The garment that fits does not mean it is comfortable"...... This line got me.... keep it up girlie...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing, this is really inspiring. God bless you Esther for sharing . And Tamar for giving us the space to learn. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks all, for the applause.

    Thanks to Tamar, for the rare privilege.

    Thanks to the world, for the push.

    And Thanks to God, for grace.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments