Body Shaming: The Slimer Version

Hey,what's up!
Apparently I'm a slim small girl, infact you can never guess my age correctly, well except you see the pimples all over my face shouting I'm an adult πŸ˜‚The question is, have I ever felt bad. Yes, severally. Till I came to the full understanding of
 "love yourself, everything will fall in place" 
I'll share my danfo experience, just don't laugh 😬
11th October, 2018
Exactly a year now. That was how I entered danfo o(every typical lagosian can relate the experiences from entering public bus).
Two fat women, I don't know if the adjective is right to describe them though but then they were super bigger then me 😭😭 they made me seat beside the conductor, one said I looked like panla(one yoruba fish like that), another said she should kuku lap me. I didn't know where to start crying from, for heaven's sake I'm am adult.
I got down thinking of what I could take to add weight, to stop the insult, embarrassment, I mean I was speechless. Maybe I didn't want to be rude or I didn't even have what it took to reply back, I mean the guts.
Gradually people's comment ate me up and drained me more than my natural self. I remember a poem I wrote this year, titled "Dear Alika": Alika; meaning slim in the Igbo language. I virtually poured out my lament about my slim nature. But then what can I do, I can't come and kill myself.
Anticipate the next series on "Body shaming".
Feel free to share your experiences as well.
Remember you are beautiful and there is not duplicated version of YOU😘
                             Yours truly,
                                Tamar    

Comments

  1. Nice write up DEAR...in my own opinion I believe that people especially the ladies do go through this experience...it is either they are slim, or on the big side...it is either they are too busty or there is no breast there etc..so I believe that instead of wishing to what you are not...just be yourself...and leave the side talks... THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. Every girl has an ordeal with this whole body shamming thing. But for me, I've come to realize that no matter how you are, people would always talk/complain. So my advice is: take the love pill everyday. Love yourself the way you are and the right ones would definitely locate you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All slim girls please put your hands up in the air joor Omo when you are fat you will attract stupid friend but if you are slim those that knows your value won't play with you.
    Please let me ask you a question slim lady's in the whole worldwide look around you do you have a (yeye friend ) like a person who doesn't think the way you feel too, so I give my πŸ’―πŸ‘to the slim lady's in whole worldwide and aslo my future wife Irene
    I love you dear and also the owner of this blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice write up ..was involved in a similar experience recently thank God I love myself the way I am!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments