Sisi's End

20th February;

Mama had been all alone on the pavement, with her hands on her head like it was heavy and contained stuffs to be trashed out. I wasn't particularly sure what the problem was but we all knew Sisi's disappearance was a part of it. 
It's been 3 months after Sisi's birthday and she had not returned home, we paid the town crier to announce in the village square, we had set up bill boards, mama even visited the gods again but to no avail. Tears had become breakfast for us and mourning served as dinner. Our Faith gradually died as doubt took over our hearts.  Sisi sure didn't know the consequence of her action on us. 

The confession
Grandma came in to join mama in the sitting room, They both had their special seat while I sat on the floor. Mama had cried for over an hour before granny shouted "O ti to, Soro now" At this point I was confused, Say what exactly, what was mama hiding, I mean what has she been hiding all this while. 

Mama: I'm so sorry, I didn't know the gods would take her back.it is all my fault. I really tried my best to protect Nike but who dares fight the gods of the land.  A year before Nike's birth, I went to the priest in search of a child after my 10years of barrennes when your father had threatened to take iya Ayo as a second wife. I couldn't face the shame and ridicule. I had an agreement with the gods to return her when she's 30 but...
I quickly cut in, you did what? 
Mogbe, that's the endπŸ™†. The gods had taken my sister, to do what exactly 😭😭😭 How on.earth could mama think of such covenant, was that why Tokumbo left, was it the gods that chased him with their long broom. Why did she allow us look for Sisi in the first place.
What a pity. We have to live with this tragedy for life. My mother, such a strong woman.
 The gods have decided Sisi's fate. 

Every African parent has a struggle, how they fight it, is what matters. 




Thanks for reading.
Yours sincerely
Tamar ✌️

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments