A LETTER TO MRS FASHIONISTA





A LETTER TO MRS FASHIONISTA✍️

Dear Mrs Fashionista,


Good day, how are you doing and how is your fashion house? The last time I visited your store was in the 80's to 90's when you had dresses that made ladies BEAUTIFUL, the type we could wear comfortably without pulling them down or using emojis to cover our cleavages when we want to post pictures on our social media pages. I can vividly remember my mother's wedding gown, it was long and flowing, studded with silver stones,100% covered and these didn't stop people from attending the wedding. Well, according to what she told me, her friends came to see her wedding gown because they too were anticipating their wedding day and what they would wear.

Ma, I still miss the Iro ati buba I wore the first day I visited your store, reminding myself of the Yoruba culture, it was also fun seeing Amaka flex her "ichafu" what we call “gélé” in Yoruba and ‘scarf’ in English, those types that produced sound of music from them, even Teni had to sing about it. They sure look nice.


     
BEAUTY 
Part of what your store had.


Today's date

Mrs Fashionista, I heard you traveled out to get exposure, to see the world. Ma'am, after your travels and adventures, your fashion house changed😫. I searched  for those lovely gowns you used to have for pregnant women because we (my husband and I) are expecting a daughter soon💃💃 and I need her to be properly covered starting with my pregnant state. Unfortunately ma'am, I didn't see any😭😭those on the armoire were not things I could wear in my condition, I mean, we understand Nigeria can be hot compared to the States but exposing our body to the sun won't solve this ‘weather problem’ in quote that has come to stay.

I'm sorry to say ma but this fashion house has turned into what I can't understand, it keeps my mind reeling in utter confusion. I understand fashion has changed, our culture gradually being forgotten and decent dressing fading away into thin air but ma, I know something can be done about it. I don't want my daughter to walk these streets naked, believing the lies of this world that nudity is more fashionable than decent dressing. I don't want her to be a victim of assault not just because of her beauty or men who can't control the thing between their legs but for the wrong dresses she puts on.








I am shocked to the marrow, girls now walk the street with pant and bra🙆🙆, all in the name of modelling. Where did our sense of modesty travel to? You might not be as bitter as I am, I mean, you own your store, sell according to the trend and wait for the dough to slide in. I am the eyes that sees and heart that interpretes.
Please do consider my request and heart cry. Let's bring back decency together. Thank You

Yours Sincerely,

 Tamar✌️







Photo credit: Google(legit.ng) 

Comments