EAT THAT DISH(Try something new)


Hey, what's up?
How is the Covid-19 break going?
As for me,I'm using this opportunity to learn and eat new Nigerian dishes, on my list today is what the Hausa's call Danwanke. This is my second trial of this dish in my aunt's house and I felt you too need to lick your screenπŸ˜…Well try it out if you aren't selective like my senior brother, thank your taste buds later. I can't say what the Nutritional benefits are, but in the bid to add weight, I eat as much as I can, it isn't bad after all. 

All the way from Gombe State, Nigeria. I present to you the ingredients for Danwanke:
✓Flour
✓Corn Flour or Cassava Flour
✓Salt
✓Baobab leave powder(from Baobab tree)
✓Potache
✓Pepper
✓Onions
✓Cabbage 

Preparations
Sift your Flour, both corn flour and flour for baking into a big bowl or basin.
✓Add your Baobab leave powder.(very moderate to avoid spoiling the taste)
✓Mix the three together, then add salt to your desired test. 
✓Add water, not too much. Mix together with little potache.
Ensure your mixture isn't too tick or watery.
✓Put your water on fire, allow your water boil properly and ensure its still on boiling point while you make your mixture into small ball like shapes(this is achieved better with your hand)

Taste to ensure it is ready for consumption (to determine this, be sure inside isn't white but thick)
When this is achieved, put into a bowl of cold water to cool and remove excesses.
End of first preparation!


Next!!
Fry your diced onions with groundnut oil, 
Cut your cabbage
Set your dry/powdered pepper aside(with optional ginger) mixed with maggi and salt.

πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ
Guess what 😁
It's about to go down.

For black girls like us, we mix everything together, wash our hands properly and consume without distraction (better eaten with black hands and neat finger nailsπŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£)

Did I hear someone say YummyπŸ˜‹
Yeah, that's the real deal
Just Incase you get married to that Hausa man, Thank me later πŸ˜πŸ˜…

πŸ“πŸ’πŸŽπŸŽπŸ‘πŸŠπŸ₯­πŸπŸŒπŸŒΆ️πŸ…πŸ‡πŸ₯πŸπŸˆπŸ‹πŸ₯•πŸ 

Thank you very much for taking your time to prepare this dish, well feel free to share your experience with us.
Have a lovely weekend and a beautiful holiday 😘πŸ₯°

Yours Sincerely.
TamarπŸ₯‚


Comments

  1. Beautiful! I'm glad Tamar is enjoying her stay up North!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people add eggs as garnish with slices cucumbers. Anyways, when are you hosting me to this meal. I heard it's best eaten with your fingers instead of a cutlery 😜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Just wait till I'm ready. Thank you so much for breezing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments