We were once liars


Note : This first lie is for those who attended Nigerian Secondary Schools๐Ÿ˜

The first day I played the truth or dare game, I promised myself that would be the last. Trust me, if you ever attended my kind of secondary school(black and white), you would know the importance of every mineral bottle you attempt to throw on the floor. That faithful free period when the Government teacher decided to give both the class and himself break. I don't know who sent me, I just carried my small body to play the game nii, to an extent I thought answering their foolish questions would make me famous since I was too small to be noticed (well so I thought).The bottle finally faced me, mogbe๐Ÿ˜ถ, that was the beginning of the end. I kuku did not have money to pay anybody, I just had to pray it would be a question I could manover. "So Princess, tell us why your father named you princess and what is his occupation?" Oluwa o, who ask such dumb question? Well I had to answer it, if not hehehehe๐Ÿ˜… I would donate part of my school fees. Without thinking properly, I guess the hairstyle I made(policecap) covered my brain. I answered: "Cause my daddy is an oba(king)" immediately the whole class bursted into their mockery laughter. The soup I had entered was bigger than the lie I had just told. I cried and comforted my way out of their midst to save me further shame.



Bola's White Lie
Every girl is literally guilty of this. This good morning babe had severe menstral pain(if you have never had this pain, you won't understand) and her crush was celebrating his birthday party. It's not like the American or Korean movies you watch o๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Our oga Mike called Bola on the phone to give IV. Girls and Ladies did you know that our sister Bola accepted to go? she even used Danfo bus(Lagosians can relate). 
Sister why will you lie to your body in the name of pleasing your crush? 
The proper party: Babe forgot that menstral pain has relatives, the next thing we saw was Bola vomiting๐Ÿ˜ช In Nigeria vomiting in public means two things; you are either pregnant or sick and trust me nobody would want to believe that you would bring a sick body to a party. To cut the long story short, as a good girl, I took her out of the scene and made sure she got home safely.

Ifeoma's promise and fail.
Gather round if you ever tell your friend you would meet her in the next 30minutes and you are still in your bed battling and conversing with how your body would stand. Well like my friend Ifeoma would say "I cannot come and kee myself" 
Ifeoma's friends were supposed to go for a hangout at Mary's place, preparations had begun three days before with Ifeoma as the background planner. Time for girls to leave their houses as agreed in order to get there early, Ifeoma had prepared her bulk of excuses. The babe could not just admist that she didn't want to go as per no strength, she then decided to use Lagos traffic as one of her excuses, she also said her mother from the village was going to visit, so she needed to keep the house tidy.We all knew how hard it was for Ifeoma to leave her comfort zone, so with or without her lies we understood.


Mrs Fine
I wonder if guys are ever tired of hearing I'm fine/Fine from our lips. Kudos to the patient ones who have to ask us 5 times to be sure we are not hiding anything or trying to avoid further questions. This one is very common amongst the Female introverts. And the irony is once you take them for their "I'm fine" they would conclude that you are insensitive.  
Please if you are on this table and someone cares about your well-being, kindly open up. Not everyone is patient to really want to fish out the truth. 


Finally: Today is Good Friday and guess what? The reason Christ came was to forgive us of these lies, well they may look little and like somepeople would say *white* but one thing is certain. The truth would set you free.

    Jesus answered "I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me"(John 14:6)

Nobody is perfect, every saint once had their bad part however we aim towards perfection. We were once liars but we are now...(feel free to complete yourself).

Catch ya'all on Easter Sunday ☺️
Yours Sincerely,
Tamar.๐Ÿ’
          

Comments

  1. Amazing!!!!!!!! This is what we call leotoria's cake with beautiful icing and plenty Oreos and chocolates๐Ÿ˜˜.
    Look forward to more abeg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the " i am fine" lady๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ

    ReplyDelete
  3. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ my daddy is a king. Beautiful write up !!! Weldone ma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give me 30 minutes.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments