Stealing Mama's show

   Stealing Mama's Show

Today is mother's day and I've always wanted to write about the mothers in my life. Just maybe cause the thought and fear of having a protruding stomach as a result of a human being growing inside of me scars a lot. I've always appreciated those who go into the labour room, come out safely and take in again to repeat the same process. Pheew. Kudos to mothers out there. 
I remember while growing up(I'm still growing😬) one of my mother's favorite lines were "after carrying you for 9months..." and in my minds of mind, I didn't put me inside her πŸ˜‚she just brought me out anyway. When momsi says that to any of us, it signifies one thing, you have annoyed her but she's trying not to regret that you came into existence, so when she remembers the pain and stress of bearing you, she has no option but to forgive and let go.

     Photo credit:Google 

My mum is an Igbo woman, typical one. I mean the type that gives you a bad look when you want to embarras Her and your home training in public (I'm sure we can relate) the one that makes sure no boy comes close to you even if it's a handshake πŸ˜‚ (you will explain the geneology of the guys background). You see mother's can be proactive, protective and very annoying. My God.If there is anybody that can argue with my mother in this life, it's me. I guess if there is an award for that, it would be hanging somewhere in my room.
The funniest thing, we look so much alike(carbon copy) so somedays when I misbehave I try to imagine when she was younger and how she responded to her mother as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a stubborn child o, very gentle loving girlπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚(beefers would say that's a lie)

My grandmothers
They are two of them from different states with the most unique home training. I don't want to talk about it todayπŸ˜‚ but we should never neglect the shout of old women in our lives. They go a long way, including their stories(boring or interesting).
     Photo credit: Google

How we steal our mothers show(consciously or unconsciously)
✓The fact that we were born from a woman is the first sign of stealing her show. You leave her in a different shape before birth(during pregnancy) and another shape after birth.
✓Those days when her husband used to notice everything about her, when you come into her life, attention is obviously divided. That's when you remember you are daddy's girlπŸ˜‚
✓ You know when you are with your mum in a party or somewhere. People notice how beautiful your dress is, your hair neatly plaited, everything about you is Prim and Proper. Guess what, even when your mom is still looking Chic but nobody really cares🀫
✓Everyother thing that your mother sacrifices for you.


     photocredit:Gettyimages.

Kindly Note: In the natural sense a mother is a woman who performs the role of bearing a child or children as their biological offspring.
However, in the absence of this mother figure or responsibility, a woman who is not necessarily related by blood can play the role of a mother(hope you get it).
Motherhood is responsibility and this cannot be handled by everyone or just anyone.
Motherhood is the exquisite inconvenience of being another person's everything-WIH

Dedication
Shout out to ladies who would eventually become mothers, to ladies who have been the mothers of their siblings. I respect you and the strength you posses.πŸ’›
Shout out to those who became mothers without planning to. Kudos to your sacrifice.🧑
To mothers who also serve as both father and mother figures in their families(widows). You will forever remain our women crush everyday. πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ
To our aunties, we love you. πŸ€—
To women who carry burdens of others upon their shoulders, you are the best.πŸ’œ

πŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘Έ

The book of Proverbs 31 talks about a woman and her roles.Feel free to check it out.
  • Isaiah 49: [15] “Never! Can a mother forget her little child and not have love for her own son? Yet even if that should be, I will not forget you.[16] See, I have tattooed your name upon my palm...
Ponder on this? Even if our mothers forget us, abandon us, leave us alone in the wicked world to survive without her. God can never leave or forsake us. 

I would like to end on this note: Honour your mother and your father and your days shall be long


Your Mother πŸ˜‚
Tamar

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments